ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
byingeborg
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
New Lightroom user: Immensely large file sizes after retouch/edit in Photoshop
Apr 20, 2013

Hi!

I'm fairly new to Lightroom, and this is also my fist DPreview post. I recently started editing my photos first with RAW editing in Lightroom and then with different styles/layers/some third party actions in Photoshop, and ends up with a folder of, for example 150 files, at nearly 100GB... Is this normal? If so, how do you keep up with your workflow as a photographer?

I have a small hobbyist company with 1-3 shoots a month, with approx 100 images per shoot. After TWO months I'll be empty of space on my macbook (which is my issue atm), and after ten months I'll fill up a 3TB external harddrive if this continues... This can't be! How do you do it? Do you have smaller file sizes, for instance do I HAVE to flatten images after editing them in Photoshop? Or is there anything else I'm missing out on?

I'm grateful for any comment, tip or trick to solve my issue and help my workflow as a wannbe professional photographer!

Thanks in advance,

Ingeborg

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow