Started Apr 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
Joseph S Wisniewski
Forum ProPosts: 33,958Gear list
Like?
Claims of having seen bad journalism
In reply to RedFox88, Apr 20, 2013

RedFox88 wrote:

Cliff Fujii wrote:

M16 receiver is made of metal, as is the bolt, magazine, and any part that takes a direct shock from firing a bullet like the barrel.

There's been news stories lately of 90% of a gun can be made at home if you buy a 3D printer. So much for your theory.

Claims of having seen bad journalism that claims something that isn't true should not be confused with facts. Unless you've got a breakdown of whatever your vague "90% of a gun" actually means (weight, volume, part count, etc) it's just sensationalism.

As an aside, you made another post to this thread that was (aside from my own posts, obviously) the sanest thing anyone in the whole thread had said. That sort of shook my faith in the natural order of things. Thank you for correcting that and letting me know that the troll previously banned as "hellashot" is still alive and well. Pity, because I liked the other guy better. Please, bring him back.

Plus a gun is a lot different than a camera if you hadn't noticed.

Similar mechanical complexity, size, weight, and cost. Similar mix of high speed operations, compression and tension loading that all adds up to similar materials choices. The gun has temperature and pressure problems that the camera doesn't have to address, and the camera is usually more complex electronically (although some legislators want to change that, with a biometric identification requirement).

Oh, and people shoot both.

Overall cameras are more like guns than they are like motorcycle helmets, car parts, or some of the other ludicrous   comparisons that have been made in this thread.

-- hide signature --

Rahon Klavanian 1912-2008.
Armenian genocide survivor, amazing cook, scrabble master, and loving grandmother. You will be missed.
Ciao! Joseph
www.swissarmyfork.com

Joseph S Wisniewski's gear list:Joseph S Wisniewski's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Nikon D90 Nikon D2X Nikon D3 Nikon D100 +43 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
gunsNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow