Started Apr 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Michael Perham
Senior MemberPosts: 1,068Gear list
Like?
X100s Q button not programable
Apr 20, 2013

I now have my new X100s and very pleased 'cept for one issue.  I am a RAW shooter and on my X100 I used the RAW button exclusively to activate the ND filter.  On the X100s that button is now assigned to the Q menu and the press and hold feature brings up some symbol that I am not sure what it does ...anyway, it is not programmable as was the RAW button so it can not be assigned to activate the ND filter.

I could use the Fn button for that and the Q menu to access the ISO settings, but I do like the direct access provided by a dedicated button.  That means, of course, that I have to go menu diving to activate the ND filter.

Anyone else feel the same about this?  Perhaps if enough folks did raise the issue we could see the Q button become programmable as was it's predecessor RAW button.

Michael Perham's gear list:Michael Perham's gear list
Fujifilm XQ1 Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 12-24mm F4.0 ED AL (IF) Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X100S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow