Displaying prints so they can be changed frequently

Started Apr 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
jrkliny
Senior MemberPosts: 2,687Gear list
Like?
Re: Displaying prints so they can be changed frequently
In reply to Birddogman, Apr 20, 2013

I shop AC Moore or Michaels.  Both have frequent sales with up to 50% off of the price for frames.  I was able to buy 11x14 inch metal frames for between $3 and $5 each.  I did not use mats.  Instead I just attached the prints onto inexpensive drawing paper.  If you want mats the price will still be reasonable but will be at least twice as much.  When I was working and had an office, I would display about 20 framed prints.  Every couple of weeks I would change out a few of the pictures.  At home I displayed my prints without frames.  I used putty to attach the prints to the kitchen wall.  I changed them out frequently.  I have also considered a very quick display method.  You paint your wall with a special metal paint, then top coat with regular latex.  Prints are help up with rare earth magnets in the shape of push pins.  Of course this will only hold prints.  The magnets would not be able to hold matted prints.

-- hide signature --

Jim, AKA camperjim, formerly from liny, Long Island New York

jrkliny's gear list:jrkliny's gear list
Canon EOS 600D Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow