Started Apr 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
photoreddi
Senior MemberPosts: 4,186
Like?
Re: Not a constructive post.
In reply to coudet, Apr 20, 2013

coudet wrote:

Stacey_K wrote:

What they and I are talking about is a normal output where people can view the -whole- image.

What you're talking about is that when you downsize there's little to no difference. In other words, when you throw away the resolution advantage (of the higher mp camera), there's no difference.

And when you don't throw it away? Difference is quite obvious.

You know where you can take in the whole image? For example an 8X10 or even 11X14 print standing at a reasonable viewing distance. I have a couple of prints made from a 5MP E1 shot at 100iso and I can't really see anything different in an 8X10 print from a D7000 image. What the D7000 brings to the table is less noise and more DR.

And more resolution.

You say don't need that resolution and that is ok, but you should not assume that applies to everyone.

But she says that it's better to spend the money on several things that she has no way of knowing are needed such as a flash (I already have an SB-800 and SB-900) or better glass (I already have a 24-70mm and a 70-200mm VR). Maybe she's speaking/writing to someone that only has 18-55mm and 55-200mm lenses, but I'm not about to go the better glass route because then I'd have to endure the size, weight and multi-thousand dollar expense of a 300mm f/2.8 or 400mm f/2.8 lens, and that just ain't gonna happen. But if I did buy one of them, then when their photos were downsized or displayed at the sizes she assumes are the norm, they probably wouldn't look much better than what an inexpensive 55-300mm lens would produce. There may be many here that are completely satisfied by the resolution of a D90, but that one size doesn't fit all.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
D5KNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow