Most versatile pocket camera I have ever owned.

Started Apr 20, 2013 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
GCHYBA
Junior MemberPosts: 35Gear list
Like?
Most versatile pocket camera I have ever owned.
Apr 20, 2013

I've had this camera for a week now. Had to order it on Amazon and it came from Japan (you don't see them for sale here).

People write of Casio because it's not Nikon or Canon or Olympus. I have several of all of those and I can tell you this camera is the most versatile of any that I own. I have a Nikon DSLR, and yes, it takes better quality pictures (duh). But if you put the pics of this Casio side by side with any of my other pocket able cams, no one can tell the difference on even a 2560x1440 monitor.

That said, here's why it's SO versatile.

It has 8 levels of HDR. All the way from barely noticeable to full blown acid trip. All the other camera have 1 level, which is mild acid trip and useless 99% of the time. The two lowest settings for HDR on this Casio are perfect for scenery shots where there are dark areas and look very natural. Stitch them in a good Panorama program and I have pics that make jaws drop.

It can shoot 30 shots in one second, or 15 in 2 seconds, or 10 in three seconds and so on. I can't tell you how many times I've used this to capture the picture of the kids as they are just hitting the water or the motorcycle is at it's highest point of the jump or the dog is just about to catch the ball or the list goes on and on and on. No other camera comes close to being able to do this.

It has 240fps slow motion video at 500+pix resolution. Oh man how I wish they made a camera that could do 240fps at 720p, but this one is as close as it gets and the videos of a running dog at full zoom are amazing.

It has a new "makeup" feature that makes faces look better inside the camera. Almost like Portrait Pro built right in. It really works, and it's adjustable in 12 steps, but when women see how amazing they look right after the shot they all want this camera, NOW. Not sure if any other cam has this?

Other than that it's just a good, solid camera. I like the picture quality, I'm sure real pros would find something that isn't perfect about the pics, but they look amazing to me. 99% of pics aren't printed anymore anyway, so that's not as much of an argument anymore, and 99% of pics are looked at on tiny screens or maybe a good ipad, so for that purpose this camera rocks, because it's speed at capturing the interesting shot is unparalleled.

The one complaint I have is that the flash requires you to pop it up manually. It should pop up automatically if the camera or flash setting calls for it.

GCHYBA's gear list:GCHYBA's gear list
Casio Exilim EX-10
GCHYBA's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
excellent
Action / sports
excellent
Landscapes / scenery
excellent
Portraits
excellent
Low light (without flash)
good
Flash photography (social)
good
Studio / still life
good
= community average
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow