Veteran MemberPosts: 4,988Gear list
Like?
Re: Not a constructive post.
In reply to coudet, Apr 20, 2013

coudet wrote:

Shunda77 wrote:

coudet wrote:

Jared Huntr wrote:

IMO, the argument that more resolution offers more cropping is weak.

Yet, it is correct.

It is not correct, there are very good reasons why telephoto lenses are always preferable to cropping if at all possible.

We're weren't talking about lenses here. Your comment has no relevance at all to what I said.

Cropping instead of the correct glass is never better. Very relevant comment.

Why not invest in some better telephoto lenses if you are that serious about IQ?

Actually, if you're serious about IQ, you'll need both higher resolution sensor and better telephoto lens.

And a Ferrari.

Again, no relevance at all.

Interesting you mention "better telephoto lens", I thought we weren't talking about lenses? And I guess you miss the relevance of you comment that a better sensors AND better glass requires $$$$ being spent? And again referencing #1, that was his point, spend the money on correct glass rather than crop, you seem to agree one paragraph later that better glass is also needed.

I still maintain that if you downsample images from a 12MP, 16MP or 24MP to even a large JPG for web presentation that the differences will be negligible to non-existent.

Sure, if you downsample all to 320x240 pixel thumbnails, there will be no difference.

Oh good grief.

And again, you're 3 for 3. No relevance to anything I wrote in my post.

Yes it does, you post some absurd example that no one was talking about. I agree "Good grief".

Please read more carefully next time and try to stick to the topic we're discussing.

NC

-- hide signature --

Stacey

Stacey_K's gear list:Stacey_K's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Nikon D7000 Nikon D800 Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
D5KNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow