Cameralabs D7100 review up: verdict...

Started Apr 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
Stacey_K
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,604Gear list
Like?
Re: Not a constructive post.
In reply to coudet, Apr 20, 2013

coudet wrote:

I still maintain that if you downsample images from a 12MP, 16MP or 24MP to even a large JPG for web presentation that the differences will be negligible to non-existent.

Sure, if you downsample all to 320x240 pixel thumbnails, there will be no difference.

Here we go, "Lets throw out a ridiculous extreme example"...

What they and I are talking about is a normal output where people can view the -whole- image. You know where you can take in the whole image? For example an 8X10 or even 11X14 print standing at a reasonable viewing distance. I have a couple of prints made from a 5MP E1 shot at 100iso and I can't really see anything different in an 8X10 print from a D7000 image. What the D7000 brings to the table is less noise and more DR.

I honestly don't care what 100% crops look like. I look at something because it's a compelling image, not because the detail in the corner of the image of some grass blades are extra sharp, zoomed in to what standing a few inches from a 40X60inch print would be like.

-- hide signature --

Stacey

Stacey_K's gear list:Stacey_K's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Nikon D7000 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
D5KNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow