Cameralabs D7100 review up: verdict...

Started Apr 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
mosswings
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,075Gear list
Like?
Re: Cameralabs D7100 review up: verdict...
In reply to Richard, Apr 20, 2013

Richard wrote:

Time to get a FF camera if you want to upgrade.

Indeed, if you're looking for major improvements in sensor performance at the pixel level.

The only other option for you is to hope the D300 is upgraded to more pro features but if you don't need those feature (or the improvements on the D7100 that have nothing to do with sensor IQ) I would agree, the D7000 is a very capable camera and for most people, you really don't need much more than that and there is no reason to upgrade. I would suggest to people, spend your money on better lenses at that point

mosswings wrote:

Remember, I'm reporting what other reviewers are saying here as a springboard for discussion.  I'm fairly sold on the D7100, but that's because I'm coming from a D90, not a D7000; have no intention of going full frame for reasons of weight and bulk; and for reasons of ergonomy and field-maintainability don't consider the D5200 an option.  However, if when buy time comes the funds just aren't there to upgrade, I still know how well the D90 performs in day-to-day shooting - very well indeed.  In fact, a lot of photogs are shelling out big bucks for OMD EM5s to obtain the performance we D90 owners have been enjoying since 2008.

mosswings's gear list:mosswings's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Nikon D90 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
D5KNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow