Missing Night Photography

Started Apr 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
Erational
Regular MemberPosts: 164
Like?
Re: Missing Night Photography
In reply to Wellington100, Apr 20, 2013

Wellington100 wrote:

Ratty, you are a Fuji guy and that is all there is to it. The problem you have is not the Fuji camera but the Fuji forum. In this regard the solution in not to switch cameras but to switch forums. The Landscape and Travel forum would be a good start but there are others there to consider. I can't help feeling that after the X100, the Sony will disappoint and frustrate you ergonomically because Fuji hit perfection with the X100 and XPro 1.

Why don't you stick with the Sigma and the X100 until the XPro goes to V2 then settle for that long term?

+1 .  Think the Sony RX1 is a ground-breaking camera.  I would love to have the dynamic range the Sony FF mirorrless could provide. You are quite correct about it's high ISO abilities compared to the Sigma DP series. BUT.  I remembered how you extolled the colors of your Fuji and I'm most certain you will be not be happy with the colors of OOC shots off the RX1. Even with a lot of tweaking in RAW, Sony skin tones just are not right. I have seen loads of pictures from the RX1 and it's color signature was the reason I took a pass on it.  Rent the RX1 at Borrowedlens.com and try it out first before dumping all your gear.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow