Started Apr 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
John Sheehy
Forum ProPosts: 16,230
Like?
Reply Editor Fragility
Apr 20, 2013

What is going on with this reply editor?

I just hit "Post" after composing a reply, the little clock popped up, and the page refreshed, but not to the post as posted, but back to the original state of the reply editor, before I deleted irrelevant content and added my own.

If you restart your browser, the same thing occurs.

If you "Switch to another user" in Windows, when you come back to your reply, it can be in the original state again.

I am not the type of person to reply without giving much though to my reply, and test things, and check things, before making a statement.  I often have several replies open simultaneously.  There is no way to save your work in your replies to restart the system.  This is truly pathetic; it seems the editor is made for the mindless Twitter generation.

It was much better when the editor worked with pure text, using '>' characters to identify levels of reply; at least then you could copy and paste your reply in a text editor.  I have lost many replies which I could not motivate myself to re-write, seeming to ignore posts addressed to me because of this horrible editor behavior.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow