Office printer: laser or inkjet AIO, help please – what options?

Started Apr 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
xrdbear
xrdbear MOD
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,663
Like?
Re: Office printer: laser or inkjet AIO, help please – what options?
In reply to Zone8, Apr 20, 2013

Zone8 wrote:

I did (after seeing a few years ago a Best Buy report on the Kyocera laser, that also only changed the cartridge and not the drum) buy a Kyocera - worst mistake ever made.  First jammed after 20 pages, replacement not much better - and I had brought new from UK to Spain - got first changed before move as I tried it out, thankfully but it was hopeless at paper feeding - so ended sitting in my garage and I got a new drum for the older OKI which I thankfully kept and that is still going strong.

As is always the case everyone has a different experience. I have a Kyocera FS-C5100DN colour laser which we use for office work and the occasional brochure. It has been totally reliable with normal printing, labels (for our egg boxes, full colour pictures of our hens!), business cards and double sided printing. No jams, faultless prints and photographic prints as good as most consumer ink jets (waterproof but not fade proof, though quite good). It just goes to show that buying high tech goods these days is just a lottery and it's difficult to rely on any brand name.

-- hide signature --

Brian
Fine Art Print sales of the Isle of Skye at:
http://www.eyeofskye.co.uk/

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow