Does it make any sense to purchase SEL24F18Z if you are not an experienced photographer ??

Started Apr 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
beetle0042000
Regular MemberPosts: 219
Like?
Does it make any sense to purchase SEL24F18Z if you are not an experienced photographer ??
Apr 20, 2013

Am not a pro...taking photos is a hobby , somethin i love doing but am only half decent at. Wanted to purchase a good quality high aperture lens for my nex for taking low light photos as well as better bokeh and image quality than the 18-55mm kit lens.Since i need autofocus this boils down to 3 lenses:- zeiss 24mm lens, 50 mm portrait lens and the 35mm lens.Would have got the sel35f18 but unfortunately it's not available in my country.So that leaves the sel50f18 and the zeiss.now i love the image quality of the 50mm and the bokeh it offers but 50mm (75mm field of view) maybe a bit too long.then there is the zeiss which doesn't have OSS and is nearly 3 times expensive.So my question is does the zeiss make sense for someone like me. OR should i just wait for the 35mm to be released which might take a long time or might never be released in my country.

Also can somebody tell me what's so special abt zeiss lens ?Does the zeiss offer somethin(say micro contrast, sharpness.etc.etc) noticeably better than other nex lenses ?? or should i just get the 50mm for the time being.Sure it would mean i can't take wide shots of landscapes but atleast i can get some decent shots during low light??

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow