Cameralabs D7100 review up: verdict...

Started Apr 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
Brandon birder
Senior MemberPosts: 2,264
Like?
Re: Cameralabs D7100 review up: verdict...
In reply to Tbolt47, Apr 20, 2013

Tbolt47 wrote:

BillD7000 wrote:

Again, the old rule holds: skip a generation.  D80 shooters will definitely see an improvement; D90 shooters, less so but still; D7000 shooters, not so much.

Wrong.  Sorry.  Much as I loved my D7000...

The AF alone on the D7100 is noticeably better than the D7000.  The color rendition is better.  The extra 8mp images are the icing on the cake for those who print large, for money.

That's what interests me in upgrading, the AF. Also the other thing is if it has less blur problems from mirror slap (do you notice an improvement here?), these two problems are what has made the D7000 a little frustrating sometimes. Plus my D7000 is my only Nikon body I own and it would be nice to have a second one.

I agree, the D7000 was a great camera with a difficult autofocus. The D7100 AF is just perfect. Once again I can place  the centre spot precisely and get instant accurate AF. Also for birds in flight the AF is like chalk and cheese with rapid acquisition and reliable tracking. I used a D7000 for two years and in less than one week of using the D7100 I am completely sold.  To me it is a lightweight D800 and a perfect companion for it.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
D5KNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow