70-200mm f4 RRS collar is here

Started Apr 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
Denis of Whidbey Island
Contributing MemberPosts: 727Gear list
Like?
Re: 70-200mm f4 RRS collar is here
In reply to nkistrup, Apr 20, 2013

Gotta say that I ordered my RRS collar with the design unknown. I knew that the Kirk had the extra forward support, which if I recall correctly was a feature of their collar I owned for my 80-200D (one-ring). The forward-support design has its appeal, but I like the RRS design.

I've not seen the Kirk in person, but the RRS exhibits the flawless quality I've grown accustomed to. The last time I bought a Kirk product, it was a bit less refined than RRS stuff I own. One actual advantage is the RRS removable foot allows me to keep the lens in a sleeve that's too small for collar and foot. I don't know what Kirk uses for the bearing surface on it's collar, but the RRS seems to be delrin, which I consider a good material for the application.

Knowing that the Kirk product is substantially less expensive, I can't really argue against it. I've no doubt it will do the job for anyone who does not mind its larger size and (presumably) weight.

Denis

-- hide signature --

I have made this letter a rather long one, only because I didn't have the leisure to make it shorter. Blaise Pascal, 1623-1662

Denis of Whidbey Island's gear list:Denis of Whidbey Island's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D7100 Sony a5000 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-20E III +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow