>>> Street Photography eXchange #41 <<<

Started Apr 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
anamesa
Regular MemberPosts: 260
Like?
Re: Oxford
In reply to Alumna Gorp, Apr 20, 2013

I understand the frames were already in the photos of your gallery, and I'm sure you know where this king of frame comes from. I personally don't care. It seems you have a style, though it is not stricktly personal, but necessarily in part imposed from the circumances of photographin. And I don't mind the black that Chris mentioned. It seems you wish to create "effets du reel", effects of the real of a certain kind of photojournalism of a certain period but of documentary photogaphy as well, etc. Now this "real" is more a fantasy. All these you don't need, because you might as well go without. But your photographic gaze is interesting, so I would concentrate on what else is in the photos, if they open to another space besides the manifest content. So in the first we have an exchange, money is given, but we are not certain why, we just guess. And I like the distorted reflection of the building in the window pane. In the second, you're more austere, and laconic. But the second doesn't make me wonder, only the black(ened) doors that frame the musicians and the face of the guitarist, concentrated on his playing. So, I'm in favor of the first.

-- hide signature --

Fotis

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
furNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow