70-200mm f4 RRS collar is here

Started Apr 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
Michael Siemon
Regular MemberPosts: 266Gear list
Like?
Re: 70-200mm f4 RRS collar is here
In reply to nkistrup, Apr 20, 2013

nkistrup wrote:

Thanks Denis for the pictures of the RRS.  Curious why you picked RRS over Kirk for this?  It looks like Kirk's version is more robust because of it's forward support.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/926439-REG/Kirk_NC_70_200_REPL_LENS_COLLAR_70_200MM.html

Niels

I have the Kirk collar. Looking at the picture of the RRS item, it _looks_ more robust than the Kirk in isolation. The thing I like about the Kirk collar is that is has a forward support for the lens as well as the one at the ring. Fit and finish on the Kirk is excellent, so my pure guess is that it works at least as well as the RRS, and quite possibly better. Two well-fitted supports along the lens should, other things being equal, give a more stable platform.

Here's a quick and dirty snapshot (light is getting low...) of the lens with the Kirk collar...

-- hide signature --

Michael L. Siemon

Michael Siemon's gear list:Michael Siemon's gear list
Nikon 1 V2 Sony Alpha 7 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow