Started Apr 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Chimere
Senior MemberPosts: 1,122
Like?
A55 / A58 real life pic comparison
Apr 20, 2013

Considering upgrading from A55 to A58, I rented a A58 for hands-on comparison shots. I have long way to go to come to final conclusions. However at that point in regards to IQ I see a more crisper picture in the A58 and the noise level at higher ISO in the A58 appears to be much better. There is also quite a noticable increase in dynamic range (look for the darkness in the hall). These items may be important enough to justify an upgrade, all the remaining features and toys aside. See sample below with 18-55 mm kit lens.

On the down side, there are a few little, may be important, negatives, such as the quite useful artificial horizon went missing, the OLED EVF has a bit of clarity added, but is noticeable smaller than the A55's EVF. The resolution reduction in the monitor panel not a big deal IMO, you would not notice it if not being told about it. The new articulation link is something to get used to, but may be better than the A55 pivot joint since it will not interfere with a tripod.

If some of you see benefit, I can post comparison shots under demand, or answer specific questions you may have. The A58 will be with me another week. If I find more worthwhile pics to post I will do so.

Chimere

Sony SLT-A55 Sony SLT-A58
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
DRO?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow