Happily switched from Aperture to Lightroom?

Started Apr 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
fyngyrz
Senior MemberPosts: 1,428Gear list
Like?
Re: Old vs. new H&S brick
In reply to Jacques Cornell, Apr 19, 2013

Majikthize wrote:

Um, not to rain on anyone's parade here or anything, but in the current version of Aperture the Highlights & Shadows brick has been simplified and now has just three sliders for Highlights, Shadows and Mid Contrast.

Wow. Good thing I didn't upgrade then. I used the heck out of those before Apple dropped support of OSX 10.6.8.

Hoping to build some support for the 6D into my current version of Aperture; I'm a dev, I just haven't looked at the problem yet. Be wonderful to move back, Lightroom's just not in the same class.

The Advanced options are gone. If you have images or saved presets that used the older brick you can still access it. I kind of miss the flexibility and power of the old brick. The new one is much less flexible and extends too far into the midtones for my taste. But, it doesn't suffer the halo issues that could arise with the old one.

Thanks for letting me know. I'll stay FAR away from the (cough) "up"grade.

Sometimes I wonder just what the people at Apple are thinking. I *really* don't understand the trend t dumb things down. They already have iPhoto for those who want it quick and easy. Why cripple down the pro level app?

Maybe I should write my own application, eh? That'd be one way to get some control over this mess.

-- hide signature --
 fyngyrz's gear list:fyngyrz's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow