Will Aperture 3 work with 4GB RAM on D800?

Started Apr 19, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
John M Roberts
Senior MemberPosts: 1,487Gear list
Like?
Will Aperture 3 work with 4GB RAM on D800?
Apr 19, 2013

I'm getting close to purchasing a D800. What I have is a 15" MBP purchased in 2008 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo running Snow Leopard 10.6.8. Currently using Aperture 2 for my D700 raw. Obviously I am going to have to update much to enter the D800. I'm guessing I will be purchasing an iMac 27" maxed out on RAM with the hopes that this MBP can still be useful.

If I were to purchase the D800 first while having upgraded my MBP to Aperture 3 will I be able to have some editing functions work enough in order to test out the camera as far as judging focus? Would raw's import onto my current system via a card reader just as I have been doing with the D700 files? I send the masters to an external HD. I don't intend to getaway with much aggressive editing but I'm wondering what you think could be possible?

To sum it up, can I still test out the D800 functions before getting the computer upgrade and after I do upgrade to an iMac, can I still use this MBP to import and view while on the road and transfer to the iMac upon return?

Thanks!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D700 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow