iPad mini as RAW backup

Started Mar 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
DeePeeBee
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Re: There ain't no space and time
In reply to Cyril Catt, Apr 19, 2013

I thought I had the answer on my last trip by dowloading from my 5D Mark III via the camera connector directly to my iPad mini and then dowloading from the iPad to a Seagate Wireless Plus hard drives (I would have bought a second one for redundant backup). But then I ran into a blank wall when I looked for the "delete all" button on the iPad and found that the only way to make room for the next download is to manually swipe each and every one of the photos on the iPad.

So, I'm now looking for an Android to replace the iPad mini. Could anyone elaborate on the Pros and Cons of the Galaxy vs the Nexus??

Are apps required to make the Android work as a funnel for HDD back-ups? Do both require an OTG cable?

I'm ok with using the Wireless Plus drives, transfer is not fast, but it's tolerable. You are not dependent on some external wi-fi, the HDD creates it's own wi-fi network so it seemed pretty stable although it's probably much slower than a USB connection.
Thanks, Dorothy

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow