Anyone pimp out their RX1 yet?

Started Jan 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
Robgo2
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,482
Like?
Re: Wide Conversion Lens
In reply to cityathrt, Apr 19, 2013

cityathrt wrote:

Those were the questions I was interested in as well.

The black one I first tried was Raynox - complete disaster as it turned into a strong fisheye effect, lots of smearing, tad bit of vignetting, and overall very... artsy dispersed looked at the corners. Great if I wanted that, horrible disaster as I didn't.

The one I took home was a Cokin converter lens, please find pictures attached.

I'm on the fence whether to keep it or not. I would like a wide angle converter for those every once in a while landscape shots on top of a mountain, but I'd also like one that compromises IQ as little as possible. Some barrel distortion (although would there always be some at 17mm?), I will have to shoot in the daytime to determine vignetting, and details are softer in the corners. But, it didn't perform as badly as one would think, but not well enough for it to be a home run keeper. What do you think?

In my mind, the big question is whether Sony will ever produce a proper wide angle adapter.  Ricoh is doing so for their new GR, which is actually competition for the RX1.  True, the GR is APS-C, but it seems to deliver very good IQ in a small package.  The 28mm lens is too wide for my taste, but just right for others.

Rob

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow