So who's migrated from a NEX?

Started Apr 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
jcharding
Senior MemberPosts: 2,042Gear list
Like?
Re: So who's migrated from a NEX?
In reply to simoru, Apr 19, 2013

Its been a long time since I used it, but I too once used a KM7D.  In many ways still my favorite DSLR.  And although I never had a 70-200 G, I did have the 80-200.  One of my favorite lenses ever, and Sony's refusal to repair it led to my setting aside the 7D and selling my A700.

It is my understanding that the Minolta team residing within Sony had virtually nothing to do with the NEX, which I guess based on form factor alone is completely unsurprising.  I think this tidbit though underscores that there is still a schism within Sony on how to approach photographic products.  Some will appeal to a longtime Minolta user, others are not.  I suspect the NEX series will trouble your photographic soul.  I suspect the old-school Fuji approach to photography will appeal.

I would not wait for an XPro2 - it may be months (perhaps a year) until one arrives and can be purchased.  I don't know if you can physically touch either camera, but try to hunt one down - particularly a NEX as I suspect that it will be easier to find one to play with.

-- hide signature --
 jcharding's gear list:jcharding's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Fujifilm X-T1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow