OS 10.8 Mountain Lion - converting documents made in Appleworks to Pages

Started Apr 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
c.hammett
Forum ProPosts: 11,574Gear list
Like?
Re: OS 10.8 Mountain Lion - Ron ? (or anyone ) Pages for 10.6.8 ??
In reply to RonWA, Apr 19, 2013

RonWA wrote:

This is a real coincidence for me. I am running 10.6.8 Snow Leopard and just told a friend I was considering updating to Mountain Lion. He told me ML would not support my old Apple Works documents. So, before I change the OS, I am converting all the old Apple Works docs to Pages. I open Pages, go to Open Existing File and choose an Apple Works document with .cwk on the end of it. Then I go to Save As and it is saved as a Pages document with .pages on the end.

I have a lot of these documents so it is going to be very time consuming. Is the "drag and drop" method faster?

Ron

HI Ron - I don't have Pages on my 10.6.8 iMac.  Where / how did you get it ?  It would probably be simpler, but I have no way to know.  Can you enlighten me re: Pages on 10.2.8 ?

Is this "the blind helping the blind" or what ?

I just wish I had known about this before I installed 10.8 but I didn't have a clue.  I'll say one thing about this though, it is going to make me clean out my documents folder of "stuff" that hasn't been used or needed for 10 years !  

Thanks... carolyn

-- hide signature --

Ranger a.k.a chammett
http://www.pbase.com/chammett
'elegance is simplicity'

c.hammett's gear list:c.hammett's gear list
Canon EOS 100D Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow