OS 10.8 Mountain Lion - converting documents made in Appleworks to Pages

Started Apr 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
Andy Hewitt
Senior MemberPosts: 2,690Gear list
Like?
Re: OS 10.8 Mountain Lion - drag and drop works... "save to" question
In reply to RonWA, Apr 19, 2013

RonWA wrote:

This is a real coincidence for me. I am running 10.6.8 Snow Leopard and just told a friend I was considering updating to Mountain Lion. He told me ML would not support my old Apple Works documents. So, before I change the OS, I am converting all the old Apple Works docs to Pages. I open Pages, go to Open Existing File and choose an Apple Works document with .cwk on the end of it. Then I go to Save As and it is saved as a Pages document with .pages on the end.

Your friend is wrong, Pages in ML does indeed open a 'cwk' document - I just tried, and it opened up in all it's original glory

It doesn't support AppleWorks as an app, but Pages and Numbers support AW documents. You have no urgent need to do this now, although as Caroline says, may be better now than get bitten later on.

I have a lot of these documents so it is going to be very time consuming. Is the "drag and drop" method faster?

It should be, it's just a matter of finding a workflow that suits you. I just thought of it as a possibility.

-- hide signature --

Andy Hewitt
Using Olympus E-420 and Apple Mac Mini '09.

Andy Hewitt's gear list:Andy Hewitt's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-S1 Fujifilm X-S1 Apple Aperture Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 Apple iPhone 4S
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow