Started Apr 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jere Landis
Senior MemberPosts: 1,706Gear list
Like?
Re: This is hypocritical
In reply to RicksAstro, Apr 19, 2013

RicksAstro wrote:

Jere Landis wrote:

Not really so, just pointing out a fact. It's not necessary to have all the latest to create fine images. Also, posts like yours are often people who spent a lot of money on equipment and therefore need to justify it. I've looked back on pictures taken a few years ago with my Canon 10D, 6MP, and frankly there's little difference in the ones today taken with my 18MP Canon SLR. I use M4/3s because of size and convenience to carry with you. If I'm really serious about getting the very best results, I'll use the Canon DSLR.

Assuming the Canon DSLR is APSC like the 10D, then the "latest and greatest" m43 perform better than them in most circumstances (unless you need slightly less DOF or slightly better sports performance), especially with the "latest and greatest" fast m43 lenses.  The GH3 with the f2.8 zooms performs similarly to APSC f4 zooms in terms of DOF and is actually quite impressive for fast moving sports.   Very little compromise for me and VERY much lighter camera bag.

For me it was better to get the latest m43 rather than having multiple older systems with redundant lens coverage by a long shot   Heck, I ditched the latest and greatest full frame system (D800) and find I get more reliable results from the GH3.   It's good enough for me even capturing fast sports like downhill skiing.

Sometimes, I like to take my head outside of my pencil box to see what's out there and come up with a better solution than I currently have.   And that made all the difference...

-- hide signature --

You realize what you're saying is very subjective, and only your opinion. I seriously doubt the validity of your statements.

Jere Landis's gear list:Jere Landis's gear list
Canon EOS 550D Panasonic Lumix DMC-G10 Olympus PEN E-PL3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Olympus PEN E-PM2 +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
lolNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow