A great deal on an excellent location monolight...

Started Apr 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
daddyo
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,184Gear list
Like?
A great deal on an excellent location monolight...
Apr 19, 2013

I thought I would pass this along to those who do some location portrait work, that doesn't require super high output lighting. This is an excellent tool for location head shots, or even family portraits where AC power access is an issue.

I just received a DC powered Flashpoint monolight from Adorama that I am very impressed with for the price -- which is a sale price right now.

Here's a link:

http://www.adorama.com/FPBPLB.html?utm_source=RSYS&utm_medium=TransactionalEmail&utm_campaign=1point0product

For the sale price of $199, this is a real bargain in my opinion -- that is assuming it proves to have a decent service life.

The kit comes with basically everything except a light stand, and packs neatly into the compact, padded carrying case. The strobe head has a built in optical slave, and variable power dial that goes from full to 1/16th power output. It even has a built in LED modeling light, and a padded handle that can be attached for assistant held lighting.

I've done some test shots and the power output is excellent for such a small, light weight unit.

I hope this helps someone.

God Bless,

Greg

www.imagismphotos.com

www.mccroskery.zenfolio.com

www.pbase.com/daddyo

daddyo's gear list:daddyo's gear list
Olympus 12-40mm F2.8
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow