latest and greatest, NO!

Started Apr 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
rsmithgi
Contributing MemberPosts: 947Gear list
Like?
Re: latest and greatest, NO!
In reply to Jere Landis, Apr 19, 2013

Jere Landis wrote:

I don't begrudge people the right to upgrade, I'm happy for them. I don't think that was infered to begin with.

I didn't say you begrudged people. You did question whether people use their heads and whether the cost is worth it. You also stated that the images are not that much better. That is not really for you to say. Maybe they are. I am fairly new to m43 but it is my impression that things like focusing speed, high ISO performance, buffer size, shot to shot performance, etc, etc, have changed significantly over the first few generations. This is the most advantageous time to upgrade for some. If you are shooting professionally, it doesn't make sense to not upgrade.

Your whole message would be better if you said that it doesn't make sense for YOU to have the latest and greatest. I don't understand the need to project onto other people. If your equipment isn't holding you back, then don't upgrade.

rsmithgi's gear list:rsmithgi's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
lolNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow