Cameralabs D7100 review up: verdict...

Started Apr 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
Reilly Diefenbach
Senior MemberPosts: 7,706Gear list
Like?
Re: no need
In reply to stuntmonkey, Apr 19, 2013

There is a benefit in terms of increased detail and microcontrast, as Leica, Phase One, Fuji, Pentax, Hasselblad et al have been doing for years and years.  They aren't wrong. Microcontrast is a foreign concept to most APSC users, simply because there's never before been a DX camera that can pull it off on a regular basis.  The D7100 does, and how.  Put a gold ring Nikkor or even a 50G on that guy and go shoot some pictures with detail then report back.

The fact that someone at a particular website can't tell the difference shooting jpg should have been a red flag and shouldn't prevent all of you from downloading identical raws from Imaging Resource and doing your own work.  Serious shooters who are after best quality do not shoot jpg on a Nikon DSLR.  Might as well use an OM5 if you're shooting jpg.

Please, someone.  Show me a pic from a D7000 with this kind of 3rd dimension, microcontrast and intricate detail.  My rough guess is that it's about 20% better than any DX camera I've seen and pretty close to a D800e.  Nikon has hit it out of the park with this one .

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
D5KNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow