a substitution for the lens cap on pana 12-35!

Started Apr 18, 2013 | Questions thread
ropausa
Regular MemberPosts: 177
Like?
Re: a substitution for the lens cap on pana 12-35!
In reply to Bob Tullis, Apr 19, 2013

Bob Tullis wrote:

Mmwei wrote:

Bob Tullis wrote:

Mmwei wrote:

hi, i baught a Heliopan polfilter circular -slim filter for my pana 12-35 lens. but the original lens cap doesn't fit  on the filter, then i heard there is a plastic cap can cover the front of the lens(of course the filter is included) , at least to protect the filter and block the dust. do any body know where i can buy that cap or you have a better idea. your recomendation is really apreciated.

You don't need a slim filter for that lens - can you exchange it?

-- hide signature --

...Bob, NYC
http://www.bobtullis.com
"Well, sometimes the magic works. . . Sometimes, it doesn't." - Little Big Man

thank you Bob i don't know if i can exchange it but i can try. if i can do, which one should i to choose it?

There's likely a non-slim version of the same filter.  Hoya, Heliopan, B+W all make good multi-coated polarizers too.  You can use a linear or circular type.

It's probably simplest just to order the snap on cap.  But the ones I've had for slim B+W filters, they way I handle them, were too easily lost.  Hence my take on the answer [g].  But if you find a deeper type that can't be urged off w/o a little effort, go for it.

You can see what I mean about the B+W, what I have in mind as a better type is the Canon (both depicted on the first page of results).  I didn't look at the sizes, just the configurations, FWIW.

B&H PHoto "snap on lens cap" search

-- hide signature --

...Bob, NYC
http://www.bobtullis.com
"Well, sometimes the magic works. . . Sometimes, it doesn't." - Little Big Man

Snap caps can not be used on filters or lenses without a front thread since they snap into the threads. For filters and lenses without a front thread you have to use slip-on lens caps. they fit over the OUTER rim of a lens. A snap cap fits into the threads INSIDE the rim of the lens.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow