Accessories for the E PL5: Phottix Hector and other toys

Started Apr 19, 2013 | Questions thread
clengman
Senior MemberPosts: 1,297Gear list
Like?
Re: Accessories for the E PL5: Phottix Hector and other toys
In reply to HL48, Apr 19, 2013

HL48 wrote:

I'm heading to NYC next week and plan to stop at Adorama since they have the Phottix Hector which may provide remote live-view and remote shutter release with my camera. Has anyone here had experience with this product  on an E Pen?

They also have the Jackar Snapshooter 34mm f1.8 Prime Lens for Micro four/thirds Camera Mount. This is a manual focus lens for under $200.  There is also autofocusing Sigma 30mm for around the same price. Anyone have experience with these product?

TIA

Harry

From the samples I've seen, that jackar lens is no better than a Fujian 35mm f/1.7 cctv lens. Neither one is particularly good. You can get the fujian lens and a c-mount to m43 adapter for $35 bucks or so.

The pentax-cosmicar 25mm f/1.4 c-mount is a better lens for around $100.

If you can find one called a "Wesley" 24mm f/1.4, it's a winner. I got mine for $50. It is actually quite sharp. I have this one and a canon 50mm that I use when I need a low light lens. That said, the sigma 30mm is going to be better optically than any of the above mentioned lenses, but if you really want something faster than f/2.8 for cheap, there are a couple passable options in c-mount.

When I've saved up the cash for the new Oly 17mm f/1.8 I think my wesley lens will get a lot less use.

clengman's gear list:clengman's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Rokinon 7.5mm 1:3.5 UMC Fisheye CS +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow