Accessories for the E PL5: Phottix Hector and other toys

Started Apr 19, 2013 | Questions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Senior MemberPosts: 1,693Gear list
Re: Accessories for the E PL5: Phottix Hector and other toys
In reply to HL48, Apr 19, 2013

HL48 wrote:

I'm heading to NYC next week and plan to stop at Adorama since they have the Phottix Hector which may provide remote live-view and remote shutter release with my camera. Has anyone here had experience with this product  on an E Pen?

They also have the Jackar Snapshooter 34mm f1.8 Prime Lens for Micro four/thirds Camera Mount. This is a manual focus lens for under $200.  There is also autofocusing Sigma 30mm for around the same price. Anyone have experience with these product?

From the samples I've seen, that jackar lens is no better than a Fujian 35mm f/1.7 cctv lens. Neither one is particularly good. You can get the fujian lens and a c-mount to m43 adapter for $35 bucks or so.

The pentax-cosmicar 25mm f/1.4 c-mount is a better lens for around $100.

If you can find one called a "Wesley" 24mm f/1.4, it's a winner. I got mine for $50. It is actually quite sharp. I have this one and a canon 50mm that I use when I need a low light lens. That said, the sigma 30mm is going to be better optically than any of the above mentioned lenses, but if you really want something faster than f/2.8 for cheap, there are a couple passable options in c-mount.

When I've saved up the cash for the new Oly 17mm f/1.8 I think my wesley lens will get a lot less use.

clengman's gear list:clengman's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 70-300mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Rokinon 7.5mm 1:3.5 UMC Fisheye CS +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow