Started Apr 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Henry Stamm
Senior MemberPosts: 2,113
Like?
Advice for backpack
Apr 19, 2013

My spouse & I will be returning to Scotland in mid-May.  Due to a catastrophic wildfire, my trusty Clik Elite Hiker pack is no longer available and I need to replace it.  This pack doesn't seem to be in Clik's product line-up anymore.  What I need is a good backpack, capable of hauling 25 lb loads, that has both camera and clothing sections.  My cam gear is an Oly E5 & grip, 9-18, 12-60, and 50-200, plus FL50R, two TC's and assorted batteries & chargers.  There are plenty of large packs on the market by most of the major brands, but the kicker is that this needs to fit in the overhead bin of a Canadair regional jet.   Therefore, it really can't exceed 20" (maybe up to 23" long if packed loosely so that the length can be compressed a little).  Moreover, maximum bag weight should be 5 lbs or less.  Not concerned about price--insurance covers my loss.

And please don't suggest different cam gear (nix on m4/3)--I'm quite wedded to my gear and have hiked 1000s of miles with this kind of load.

-- hide signature --
Olympus E-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow