How badly is this photo breaking the rules?

Started Apr 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
The Jacal
Senior MemberPosts: 1,234Gear list
Like?
Re: How badly is this photo breaking the rules?
In reply to Cliff Reiter, Apr 19, 2013

Cliff Reiter wrote:

I think the photo is beautiful and I assume your broken "rule" is the rule of two thirds.

Thanks, and yes, I ' broke' the rules of thirds;

It seems to me that 2/3 is to provide a subject with relationship or context. Your photo coveys isolation and symmetry beautifully with the ever so slight asymmetries conveying progression of time. Is the focal plane in the foreground? Is that intentional?

Having the subject in the dead centre can sometimes sap the life out of an image, but i think it works here.

I was with my wife (see reply above), the weather had just changed, summer shower which led to a bright spell, I saw this guy walking along, i got off a few shots quickly, and  I think I missed focus, so to answer your question, it was unintentional.

I think having the subject unfocussed works here. Well done.

Thanks, it kind of leads into it.

Best, Cliff

Thanks agian,

Jon.

-- hide signature --

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7467981@N05/
"We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." Richard Dawkins.

The Jacal's gear list:The Jacal's gear list
Leica Digilux 2 Olympus SP-500 UZ Olympus SH-50 Nikon D80 Olympus PEN E-P1 +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow