Nikon D7100 left focus issue

Started Apr 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
PepsiCan
Contributing MemberPosts: 736Gear list
Like?
Re: You're presuming.
In reply to lock, Apr 19, 2013

lock wrote:

is worrying that after the D800 disaster, Nikon does not seem to be able to solve the issue in the factory even in a later models. Actually, if I was the managing director of this company I would seriously start to worry. Even if a minority of bodies were affected, this is going to cost Nikon more money on the long end than they are gaining at the short end. This simply means Nikon does not have the financial buffers to solve mistakes, and improve their products.

lock

Well, that would be assuming that after the D800, other cameras with the same focus module suffered from the same defect. That is not the case.

So far, on DPReview, there have been two posts claiming the "left focus" issue for the D7100. This one and a previous one. In both cases no evidence was submitted or a test procedure explained. If you Google for the left focus issue, I found only hits that point to the D800. There is nothing for any other Nikon camera. In other words, these are both bogus posts meant to stir up more gossip and flame wars.

PepsiCan's gear list:PepsiCan's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
BothNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow