Cameralabs D7100 review up: verdict...

Started Apr 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
photoreddi
Senior MemberPosts: 4,694
Like?
Re: Why I disagree with the verdict ...
In reply to JasonED, Apr 19, 2013

JasonED wrote:

First, it must be said that the D7100 is to the D7000 as the D800 is to the D600 in that the DX crop area of the D800 pretty closely matches the pixel pitch and resolution of the D7100 and the DX crop area of the D600 similarly matches that of the D7000.

Um, no.  The pixel pitch of the d800 is very close to the D7000.   The pixel pitch of the D600 is close to the D200.

Aaack. You're right. I've posted this resolution equivalence correctly several times before and garbled it this time. I still think that my other conclusions hold, mainly that Cameralabs probably didn't do their photo tests carefully enough to be able to observe the resolution difference that the D7100 is capable of, and that an FX sensor having the same pixel pitch as the D7100 (54mp, as you identified) would be able to produce slightly higher resolution images vs the D800, but only with excellent lenses used at their widest apertures, lenses such as the 200mm f/2, the two 85mm G lenses (f/1.4 and f/1.8), etc.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
D5KNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow