Started Apr 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
sgoldswo
Senior MemberPosts: 3,330Gear list
Like?
Re: So who's migrated from a NEX?
In reply to simoru, Apr 19, 2013

simoru wrote:

.... and why?

I currently shoot with [a museum piece really] - a Konica Minolta 7D.    The natural upgrade path is to the Sony SLT range.   But I'm getting tired of lugging around a huge bag of gear...   Then I looked at the NEX series.... and then I found the X series... both great camera ranges but quite unique in their fields too.

Curious to know who else is either on, or been on the same journey as me.

I found one place that has the XE1 with 35mm for $1195 [Aussie] - tempting, but can't help feel that an X Pro 2 is just around the corner.

Cheers,
Simon

Hi there,

I had a NEX-7 (before that I had a NEX-5N and 5). To be honest with you the NEX cameras are good in their own way but their menus are a bit more like a compact (not good), they have fewer physical buttons and the lenses aren't really up to the standards of the Fuji equivalents. The Zeiss 24 is OK, my favourite lens was the (cheap) Sigma 30mm (which is excellent), but all the others I tried were a bit so-so. On the 7, the resolution was good but the higher ISOs weren't great and the colours weren't to my liking.

I sold my NEX-7 to concentrate on my X-Pro1.

In terms of upgrades I think there is talk of a new X-Pro in Q4

Best

Simon

sgoldswo's gear list:sgoldswo's gear list
Nikon D800E Leica M Typ 240 Olympus E-M1 Nikon Df
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow