Comparing OM-D/prime with X100S

Started Apr 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
astone
Regular MemberPosts: 381Gear list
Like?
Re: for what its worth...
In reply to knowmostofit, Apr 19, 2013

knowmostofit wrote:

Why not take a pic of a brick wall, now that really would be interesting; we could count the bricks and see how many were sharp.

Seriously though, what's the point of exercises like this? They're different cameras, are you surprised they don't look quite the same - especially if flash is used on one and not the other!

A pointless exercise.

Here is a point of my exercise.  Just recently I’ve red here on one of the threads that exposure on X100S is higher versus Canon DSLR, meaning the ISO calibration is not the same. That is my main motive to check 2 different cameras with approximately close F-number and other parameters, outside, during a cloudy day. If calibration is right then just visualization will let you have some judgment. An eye is an excellent instrument. Next, if shots at the same conditions from 2 different cameras are approximately the same intensity then all talks about different ISO calibrations between any other cameras unsubstantiated. Basically I’m doing that for myself and I’m sharing it with you. I read from some members expressed some annoyance with my exercise since I made some errors. I’m very sorry that I caused your disturbance.

-- hide signature --

ABS

astone's gear list:astone's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Olympus E-M1 Sony a6000 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow