Nikon D7100 left focus issue

Started Apr 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
PepsiCan
Contributing MemberPosts: 739Gear list
Like?
Re: Start by testing correctly
In reply to SaturnN, Apr 19, 2013

SaturnN wrote:

I have purchased a D71000 yesterday and immediately tested it for this issue. I have discovered that my camera definitively has some issues with focus points left of from the center. I couldn't quite confirmed that left focus points have back or front focus, but I just couldn't get images with the same sharpness as they were taken by center or right points. I photographed over and over again the same pattern with different focus points and the ones taken with the left points were always softer.

Wo what do you thing is the only way to go just returning the camera and try a new one or send it to service? Is this problem with left focus points a matter of calibration or hardware fault?

You should first ensure you test correctly. And post pictures of your tests. At the moment, it could be as simple as using shutter priority instead of focus priority. You used a steady surface, good light and a fast aperture right? What lens did you test with?

Based on what you provided above, I don't believe that you know what you are doing.

PepsiCan's gear list:PepsiCan's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
BothNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow