Started Apr 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Roland Wooster
Senior MemberPosts: 1,964
Like?
Need help with AdobeRGB U2711 monitor setup - Windows 7 & Photoshop CS6
Apr 19, 2013

I just got a Dell U2711, 27" AdobeRGB monitor, but I'm having trouble seeing any benefit of the AdobeRGB over the sRGB color gamut. I'm sure I must have some simple configuration setting wrong.

My test is to take a D800E NEF file, 14-bit, best quality with a good range of green and blue colors (major benefit of the AdobeRGB range). Convert to 16-bit PSD file in AdobeRGB format. Copy the file, and convert the second version to sRGB. Then open both files side by side on the screen.

Assuming I have all the correct configuration settings on the monitor, windows, and photoshop shouldn't I easily be able to see a difference between the two images?

On the monitor on-screen-display I've selected the AdobeRGB setting. In photoshop I chose Edit->Color Settings->North America Prepress2  (this sets the working space to AdobeRGB). In windows control panel->Color Management I chose AdobeRGB for the profile default for the monitor.

If I click on each image the histogram is distinctly different, but the images look idential.

What setting am I missing?

Thanks,

Roland

Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow