Started Apr 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
deckhanddavy
Junior MemberPosts: 48
Like?
Re: The One Real Concern Mentioned....
In reply to Tom Caldwell, Apr 19, 2013

Tom Caldwell wrote:

deckhanddavy wrote:

Yeah, I agree. I had the original GRD as well (have), and the color jpgs were fairly unusable. Color rendition was not it's forte. But, the BW's were amazing. That is what I primarily used it for. I'm guessing jpgs out of camera were greatly improved with the last model.

...Also, by the way, the fact that the very simple and eons old GRD is still being, and can be, used is a tribute in itself...

...Incidentally the GRD was one of the few compact cameras that even offered RAW as an option back then, even if it was almost unusable because it's recording time was sooo-oh slow. ...

Ha! Sooo true. The BWs have a amazing journalistic quality to them and creates a grain that is still comparable to film. I love it (you mentioning this makes me want pick it up again). No joke about the RAW...the RAWs were actually spectacular, IMO, considering the small sensor size. But, as you said, it was extremely slow when processing. And don't forget, after shooting around 10 shots in RAW, a new battery would dip close to empty. I've never seen anything like it!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow