Why so few 60D posts here?

Started Apr 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
Scott Eaton
Senior MemberPosts: 1,909
Like?
re:articulated screen
In reply to Ubilam, Apr 19, 2013

For tight macro work the articulated screen is priceless when crawling in the weeds. You can then engage live view, and zoom in to check a very narrow depth of field with a macro and focus on a pollen grain. Or, far radio tower at night if composing for lighting shots.

Past winter I was crawling along a frozen pier at Grand Haven, and found a great composition that was nearly impossible to use the optical finder without risk of life and limb. Again, articulated screen came into play and saved the shot. Since sold several metal prints.

Only advantage I would have with a 7D in my shooting is focus calibration. It's otherwise the same noisy $%^& sensor between the two cameras that can't distinguish reds like a similiar priced Nikon can. Why do I have a Canon if I dis on them so much? It was a gift, otherwise I would have bailed long ago for a system with marginally accurate color profiles.

I don't use my articulated screen much for video because I don't shoot video anymore with my  60D. Absurd color subsampling that renders video pretty much impossible to post process. However, this problem hampers most <$2,000 dSLRs.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
MFA?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow