Started Apr 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
ryan2007
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,971Gear list
Like?
Re: Fujinon XF 55-200 mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS --preorder
In reply to Al Valentino, Apr 19, 2013

Al Valentino wrote:

Asylum Photo wrote:

Pre-ordered here as well. Hopefully it pops up on Amazon soon, as I have better luck getting pre-orders quicker with them.

-- hide signature --

I love B&H but I am more of an Amazon guy since I have an Amazon Visa card and get triple rewards (3% back in Amazon credit) for orders.

I would preorder but I will hold off since I wanted it for a trip in late May but it will not likely ship before I leave. Aside from that I generally do not want the first batch of anything unless I need it. I got screwed really bad on the first Nikon D200 which had to go in for repairs 5x before Nikon replaced it.

Anyway, I want this lens and if it is as good as I hope (similar to the Fuji 18-55 zoom) with this purchase I will seriously consider selling off my Nikon D300 and lenses and go all in on the Fuji. Except for wildlife, which I rarely shoot these day, the fuji is where it is at for me. DR, colors, WB, sharpness, size, weight...

I am waiting for the Xpro-2 to decide if I will switch to Fuji from Panasonic. If I do I would have to use a dedicated video camera. As far as lenses go for Fuji I may copy what I did when I shot film with the Contax G2 rangefinder. I had the 28 mm, 45 mm and 90 mm. I would need equivalents for Fuji.

I rarely need telephoto. I wish Fuji had a 28-105 type all in one lens, but I am not sure of the size or weight or cost it would have to be. Even if they did like Panasonic with a 12-35 2.8 and 35-100 2.8 it would be nice.

ryan2007's gear list:ryan2007's gear list
Fujifilm X100S
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow