Like?
Re: latest and greatest, sometimes....
In reply to GeorgianBay1939, Apr 19, 2013

GeorgianBay1939 wrote:

novaoz wrote:

GeorgianBay1939 wrote:

I am laughing too!

What a strange thread! 

Commentary about "others" who don't spend their hard-earned cash the way "I" would??? ....  Along with some self - exposed mea culpas!... which are more fun.

I am always on the horns of the Shakespearian dilemma:  to spend or not to spend.

On one hand:  Money is certainly valueless unless spent.

On the other hand:  Save some cash for something of value that you REALLY need/want.

Balancing on this razor has led to some bizarre behaviour in my life.

SNIP

Decisions, decisions, decisions.

t

Good yarn!

I 'm still using an E3 but have been on this forum learning what I should upgrade to... my first mirrorless! I have just bought a G5 and twin lenses for my daughter who is just getting into photography so will have a good look at that before I buy something for myself, my upgrading seems to be pretty slow deciding which one and than pretty slow changing again... so if I decide OMD or GH3 it won't probably happen again for another 5 years, right now I want to hear what the EP5 and G6 promises before pulling the trigger.

-- hide signature --

Peter from Norfolk Is.

When I went from compact to interchangeable lens I looked very hard at DSLR cameras including OLY 4/3 system cameras.  What convinced me to invest (heavily) in MFT was the POTENTIAL for good EVFs,  good Lenses, fast AFs, light gear, and good image quality and control.

I looked at 4/3 and was impressed with the telecentric lens advantage.  But the other factors steered my to a GF1 then GH2.

I am glad that I made that decision.  Most of my high end photog friends now carry MFT in addition to their FF cameras.  One friend now takes his E-M5 along with a few lenses on his latest trips .... kayaking in the Canadian Arctic; Galapagos and Equador/Peru; S and S/W Africa.   He leaves his wonderful D700 and superb glass at home now. 

I suspect that it will take a bit of adaptation to use the MFT EVFs as well as you now use the E-3 OVF.  Nice to have a practice set close at hand!

Yeah, it is a good challenge to learn to work a good piece of apparatus to its limits.  Something like flying a fighter jet.

tom, from Ontario, Canada

PS   We have Norfolk Island Pines in just about every public building up here in Canada.  I think that they are propagated in South Florida.  Walmart sells them by the dozens in little pots.   Some are painted green and don't do too well.

None of our trees are painted 

I actually run a Sea Kayak operation over here and Olympus having inexpensive housings (at the time) is what made me pick Oly, now I am convinced there is real merit in having smaller gear,  I will probably get a OMD and housing when I see the next lot of specials. I have always wanted to Kayak in Canada it certainly looks spectacular.

Take Care

-- hide signature --

Peter from Norfolk Is.

novaoz's gear list:novaoz's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
lolNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow