incase DSLR Pro Pack over Think Tank Streetwalker Hard Drive (For Me)

Started Apr 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
procto21
New MemberPosts: 14
Like?
incase DSLR Pro Pack over Think Tank Streetwalker Hard Drive (For Me)
Apr 19, 2013

I recently needed to get a bag for more space and growth, but nothing crazy.  I had a lowepro sling 100, which was great, but I just ran out of space when traveling.  I wanted a backpack that could hold my d600, 15'' mbp retina, ipad, accessories, newer tech voyager and a few drives, lenses, etc.

Through research on this forum and some on my own, I narrowed down the choices to an Incase DSLR Pro Pack and a Think Tank Streetwalker Hard Drive.  I ordered both from Amazon in order to return the one I didn't want.

After loading both with all my gear I would take to travel, I tried them on, looked at extra storage, etc.

For my needs, the Incase wins because:

• Doesn't look like a camera bag, I like the style.  
  • I like the top flap for easy access to the camera (more so than the think tank)
  • Even if I add a few more lenses, shotgun mic, I will not need or be able to fill the space offered in the think tank. 

Think Tank Streetwalker Hard Drive Observations:

• Thicker and more overall internal volume than incase
  • Though incase is made well, the think tank is superbly made, and the price reflects it.
  • laptop case harder to access than incase (to me).
  • Price $220 (Think Tank) vs $150 (incase)
  • Has rain cover - my slingbag has one if I were going to hike with it.

If you are a non-professional who needs a good looking bag with decent, well thought out storage that doesn't look like luggage, I highly recommend the incase be included in your search.  iphone pics below of my stuff and the bag.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow