ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Luigi Semenzato
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
what's going on with the 5DIII prices?
Apr 19, 2013

Folks,

I was about to order a 5DIII/24-105L kit for my birthday.  I noticed the Canon rebate announcement and thought "good timing!"  But that is not so!  Even with the rebate, prices are up considerably.

Does anybody know what's going on?  Had the price gone up without the rebates, I would have thought it to be standard demand/supply behavior, and would have ordered anyway.  But in addition to raising the prices, all the "authorized" stores (with a couple of exceptions, see below) are selling at list price.  So now I have the suspicion that this is has been imposed or strongly encouraged by Canon, and the discounts will resume at some point---but when?

The exceptions I found are Best Buy ($25 off list---although I could swear it was $100 earlier today) and NewEgg (can't remember if $200 or $300 off list, and they want credit card info before they show the price).  I live in CA so that doesn't even cover sales tax.

So, what gives?

Would I be stupid to buy from a non-authorized dealer?  The price difference is quite high.  Which non-authorized dealer is the most reputable?

Should I become a non-authorized dealer?

Thanks!

Canon EOS 5D Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow