Started Apr 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bill hansen
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,889
Like?
Sony RAW and Photo Shop
Apr 19, 2013

Tried asking this on the DPR "Retouching" forum but no useful answers so far. There have to be many people on this forum who use Photo Shop to read Sony RAW files. How do you do it?

My photo editing program for the past 12 years has been various versions of Adobe Photo Shop, currently using v 5.

Using the Sony software to read and convert RAW files is a bit awkward for me. I wish I could read them with my Photo Shop version 5, but I can't. I've been told that I need to upgrade to v.6 in order to read Sony ARWs  because only Adobe Camera Raw version 7.2 will read the ARWs, and that can only be used with PS 6, not with PS 5.

I've tried to upgrade to PS 6 every way I can think of, but they all lead right back to Adobe's "Creative Cloud" which is a subscription service, online only, $45/month, no ability to convert and edit unless you're online. Seems ridiculous.

Is there a way to download an upgrade, or are we now stuck with the "Creative Cloud" if we want to keep using Photo Shop?

-- hide signature --

Bill Hansen
Ithaca NY, USA

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow