What is the purpose of the Coolpix A?

Started Apr 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
Larry Berman
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,694Gear list
Like?
Re: What is the purpose of the Coolpix A?
In reply to Darryl E Mylrea, Apr 19, 2013

It's interesting reading all these comments about the A. When it was first announced, I jumped on it and ordered from my local camera store to give them the business.

28mm is my lens of choice and I sold three other point and shoot cameras (with the Coolpix P7100 still to sell) to afford this. I've owned three other fixed lens 28mm cameras in the past, the original Ricoh GRD which I've kept for black and white 1600 ISO shots and the Sigma DP1 twice. I was never happy with the DP1 because it frequently gave me weird colored lens flare if the sun is in the picture. The benefit I'll get for using the A is that it will replace traveling to art shows with a D700 and 28mm lens to shoot booth pictures for artists. And, like I did with the P7100, use it for all my family photos with the SB400. More than 99% of the time, all my point and shoot photos have been taken at 28mm. The other reason I jumped on this as soon as it was announced is that I suspect this will be a one time deal, like the 35 and 28TI film cameras. Nikon may come out with another fixed lens APS sensor camera, but it would probably be a different focal length.
-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow