Pentax k30 vs Nikon D5200 vs Canon t3i

Started Apr 18, 2013 | Questions thread
inlawbiker
Contributing MemberPosts: 847Gear list
Like?
Re: Pentax k30 vs Nikon D5200 vs Canon t3i
In reply to Abriah, Apr 19, 2013

Doesn't the T4i and T5i have a hybrid sensor for making AF in video better?  Nobody seems to talk about this much but I think that's the intent of the new sensors that Canon is using, with the STM lenses.  If you go to the Canon forum, you'll find a lot of people are grumpy about the lack of new sensors from Canon.  But I think most of those people heavily favor still images.

I have a D5100 which does take excellent video, and the 5200 is even better.  The problem is autofocus.  It's slow and clunky and loud.  I've used a Panasonic G2 and G3 for video they're a lot lot better.  They now have some lenses optimized for video too.

If you favor video over stills then Panasonic is worth looking at.  Costco has the G5 with 2 lenses for a nice price right now since the G6 is about to come out.

inlawbiker's gear list:inlawbiker's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D7000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow