Senior MemberPosts: 1,589Gear list
Like?
Re: latest and greatest, sometimes....
In reply to novaoz, Apr 19, 2013

novaoz wrote:

GeorgianBay1939 wrote:

I am laughing too!

What a strange thread! 

Commentary about "others" who don't spend their hard-earned cash the way "I" would??? ....  Along with some self - exposed mea culpas!... which are more fun.

I am always on the horns of the Shakespearian dilemma:  to spend or not to spend.

On one hand:  Money is certainly valueless unless spent.

On the other hand:  Save some cash for something of value that you REALLY need/want.

Balancing on this razor has led to some bizarre behaviour in my life.

SNIP

Decisions, decisions, decisions.

t

Good yarn!

I 'm still using an E3 but have been on this forum learning what I should upgrade to... my first mirrorless! I have just bought a G5 and twin lenses for my daughter who is just getting into photography so will have a good look at that before I buy something for myself, my upgrading seems to be pretty slow deciding which one and than pretty slow changing again... so if I decide OMD or GH3 it won't probably happen again for another 5 years, right now I want to hear what the EP5 and G6 promises before pulling the trigger.

-- hide signature --

Peter from Norfolk Is.

When I went from compact to interchangeable lens I looked very hard at DSLR cameras including OLY 4/3 system cameras.  What convinced me to invest (heavily) in MFT was the POTENTIAL for good EVFs,  good Lenses, fast AFs, light gear, and good image quality and control.

I looked at 4/3 and was impressed with the telecentric lens advantage.  But the other factors steered my to a GF1 then GH2.

I am glad that I made that decision.  Most of my high end photog friends now carry MFT in addition to their FF cameras.  One friend now takes his E-M5 along with a few lenses on his latest trips .... kayaking in the Canadian Arctic; Galapagos and Equador/Peru; S and S/W Africa.   He leaves his wonderful D700 and superb glass at home now. 

I suspect that it will take a bit of adaptation to use the MFT EVFs as well as you now use the E-3 OVF.  Nice to have a practice set close at hand!

Yeah, it is a good challenge to learn to work a good piece of apparatus to its limits.  Something like flying a fighter jet.

tom, from Ontario, Canada

PS   We have Norfolk Island Pines in just about every public building up here in Canada.  I think that they are propagated in South Florida.  Walmart sells them by the dozens in little pots.   Some are painted green and don't do too well.

GeorgianBay1939's gear list:GeorgianBay1939's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
lolNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow