My Sony Nex 6 got stolen :(((

Started Apr 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
tvfeet
New MemberPosts: 11
Like?
Re: My Sony Nex 6 got stolen :(((
In reply to MintTheCandy, Apr 18, 2013

Sorry to hear this. Our house was broken into a couple years back while we were all out of the house, and I lost my Macbook with all of our pictures and video and my wife lost all of her jewelry but what she was wearing at the time. Strangely they skipped over TVs, VCRs, cameras, etc., taking only the most painful of stuff. Anyway, my big takeaway there was to get the important stuff out of the computer, and away from the house, if possible. So I'm storing all of our photos and important video online now. It's been a pain, but now that I've settled into more of a routine, it's pretty nice having it all out there to access wherever I am. (Luckily I don't shoot too much video, maybe.) I have much more peace of mind than immediately afterward when I feared someone might return to steal anything else in the house and my new computer.

I'll add this brightside: my Macbook was amazingly returned to us about 18 months later by the FBI's violent gang unit, who recovered it from someone's home they raided and found it among a stack of other laptops. Mine had apparently been used to sell stolen stuff on Craigslist so the FBI was particularly interested in mine. I'm frankly stunned I got it back, and our stuff was still on there! (Along with some other interesting stuff the gang members had (ahem) "acquired.") So you never know, the chances are slim, but sometimes weird little miracles do happen.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow